Old 07-07-2003, 02:23 AM
john darling

Default Petrol mower - cleaning

"David P Knowle" wrote in message

Alastair J. Smith wrote in message

To clean it, there are two ways to tip the deck (body of machine)

either
tip it up on the back wheels/roller - completely safe but painful way to

do
it. Or tip it on its side with the air filter up. If you tip it with

exhaust
up you will get oil in the filter and it won't run very well or not

start
at
all. If you tip it up with filter side up it will be fine, you may get a

bit
of oil in the exhaust but the smoke will disappear quickly after you

have
re-started it.

Thank you, that's a helpful tip.

Also make sure petrol cap is on tight when doing any mainteance. You can
then tip onto side depending on model - I find I have to do this if the
grass may be damp or heavy as it sometimes clogs up the chute to grass box.
Petrol can sometyimes flood the carburetor or even air filter thus delaying
cutting !