Old 07-07-2003, 04:57 AM
John DeBoo

Default Dahlias (Figaro)

Vox Humana wrote:
"John DeBoo" wrote in message

We purchased a number of these small plants (Figaro Dahlia's)from
WalMart earlier this year and they've grown like they were they were
on fire. Guess I did something right with the soil & watering.

I dug them the first year I had them and replanted in the spring. The next
year I just left them in the ground and they came back for the next two
years. I lost them the following year. In zone 7 they will be more
reliable but not guaranteed.

Thanks! Maybe I'll take a chance on them in the ground. We get
frost etc but nothing that goes deep. When we had a pool I only
drained it down a foot or so and rarely if ever had a layer of ice
on it. They were inexpensive so if they die I'll go to WalMart next
year and buy more. They sure are pretty plants! I didn't think
they'd like 95º+ temps but it has not phased them in the least.

Zone 7, Albuquerque