Old 07-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Help- deer and hostas

In article ,
(JMooreTS) wrote:

There are only two downsides:

1) they are a little pricy

2) You will inevitably forget that they're there

Only 2?

3) Depending upon your water pressure, they don't cover a very large
area. I have a well and my water pressure varies from 20 to 40 pounds.

4) They don't work in wind or rain.

5) Before mowing the lawn, you must take up all of the sprinkler that
are in the lawn.

6) This doesn't work in winter when I get all of my problems.

7) For a typical suburban home, this would take many sprinklers, many
hoses, many controllers, and much money.

8) For a avid gardener his would take very many sprinklers, very many
hoses, very many controllers, and very much money.

9) Frequently deer will learn to tolerate the sprinklers if they ever
become hungry like in a drought or winter.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman