Old 07-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Chester Deja

Default Lilly $

For our new pond this year we had sticker shock too on the price of
the lillies. We did not bite and came accross the 'box' lilies at
Walmart which were about $4 apiece. The boxes contained lillies plus
other pond plants. I opened the boxes to insure they were growing
before I bought them. I bought 8 of them and they all lived and are
thriving. Yellow, red and white. There was some other irises and
other plants with them too which only 3 irises survived. Some of the
other plants did not come up but I bought them for the lillies anyway.
I took them out of the small containers and planted them in my own
containers.

They are all gone at walmart now - they sell out ASAP and go on
clearance about the last weeks of May. I will be watching for them
again next year. They also had these in Lowes along side the water
garden plans they are selling. Now I am just waiting for Lowes to put
their water lillies ($17.99) on clearence sale so I can get some more.

Rick

"Mark T." wrote in message news:w3FNa.39448
Hello all,

I'm clueless about water lillies and
would appreciate any advice.

I am wondering how much folks pay for
water lillies? Out here in Southern Cal.
I'm seeing them for about $30.00 each.

Will lillies propogate? In other words, if
I buy one and plant it in an underwater
planter, will more lillies sprout? I've seen
some of your pictures and, based on the cost
(here), of $30.00 each, nothing less than a
small fortune has been invested in lillies.

Thanks for your comments.

Mark