Old 07-07-2003, 08:19 PM
BenignVanilla

Default mosquito fish are like rabbits!

"Chad" wrote in message
om...
Although I am aware that mosquito fish breed like crazy I stopped by
the pet store today at lunch and picked up 4 mosquito fish to help get
the larvae off my lilly pads. I ended up with 3 females and 1 one
male. I brought them inside since it is 98 degrees outside and I
don't want boiled fish. So anyway.... I am sitting here at my desk
with the bag-o-fish next to me when I look over and see two newborns
race like h e double toothpicks across the bag... well the other fish
took care of this as they promptly ate them....

As I wrote this note I witnessed another one get born. They come out
a bit bigger than I would have expected. For now... 2 minutes or
so... the others are leaving it alone. Wish I had my camera...

Just curious is there a breed called Mosquito fish or are we talking the
typical Rosie Red Minnows here?

BV.