Old 07-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Hawes watering can

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:49:20 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

I've had a plastic Haws can for over 20 years now, better than the Gal. ones

I also had a long-spouted plastic one for many years (may not have
been Haws), but it eventually went brittle (sunlight?). But I have an
affection for heavy, clunky old galvanised cans. I must confess that I
thought the term 'Haws' was a generic description of the long-spouted
type (like Hoover or Thermos) and I didn't realise that Haws were
still in existence. I've not seen the galvanised variety in garden
centres around here for many years, hence my initial query.

--
Chris