Old 08-07-2003, 01:56 AM
Tegan

Default Vinegar/water weed killing solution?

Chelsea Christenson wrote in message ...
Muush wrote:
"Chelsea Christenson" wrote in message

Right now, I'm thinking I'll go with the Roundup, since I already have
some and can easily get more, but I need to cut up a cardboard box to
screen the desirable plants from splash.

You realise that if you get roundup on something accidentally you can wash
it off straight away?

The problem is that I don't notice.

Roundup thread earlier suggested you wear a pair of rubber gloves.
Over those, a pair of disposable cotton gloves. One
cotton-over-rubber-gloved-hand gets wetted with the Roundup and
strokes the undesirable plants, the other hand serves to catch drips.
I keep thinking if I try this, I'll use four
cotton-over-rubber-gloved-hands (enlisting my spouse, as I haven't
figured out the technique for sprouting my own second pair of hands),
so there's a hand for the spray bottle and yet another to push/pull
keeper-plants out of the way. Teamwork! The family that poisons
together... and all that.