Old 08-07-2003, 02:08 AM
LisaCS1

Default Shishu Koi

At last month's meeting/auction, I purchased one Shishu Koi and two Butterfly
Shishu Koi. I placed them in a quarantine tank and the very next day, one of
them spawned.

Needless to say, within a few days, I had probably a couple hundred babies
swimming around. The babies are still in the quarantine tank with floating
hyacinths & parrots feather.

- Any idea how many might develop into butterfly Koi?
- How long does it take to develop butterfly fins if that's what they are?
- Is algae enough for them to eat or should I also feed them something else?
- What do I do with all these babies?

Thanks!

Lisa