Old 08-07-2003, 02:08 AM
LisaCS1

Default Shishu Koi

At last month's meeting/auction, I purchased one Shishu Koi and two Butterfly
Shishu Koi. I placed them in a quarantine tank and the very next day, one of
them spawned.

Needless to say, within a few days, I had probably a couple hundred babies
swimming around. The babies are still in the quarantine tank with floating
hyacinths & parrots feather.

- Any idea how many might develop into butterfly Koi?
- How long does it take to develop butterfly fins if that's what they are?
- Is algae enough for them to eat or should I also feed them something else?
- What do I do with all these babies?

Thanks!

Lisa
Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Nedra

Welcome to rec.ponds, Lisa. Hope Kathy or whoever
it is who feeds babies will post the recipe for you.

Congrats again, Momma!

Nedra

Old 09-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Nedra

Hi Bill,
I'll answer your question - don't know that Lisa will see it.
The auction was in St. Louis last week at our regular pond club meeting.
I wasn't able to attend but I hear there were some marvelous
things there.

Nedra

Old 10-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Jerrispond

Welcome to rec.ponds, Lisa. Hope Kathy or whoeverit is who feeds babies
will post the recipe for you.

chopped hard boiled egg yolk Jerri

Old 10-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Nedra

Thanks Jerri, I'll post your answer on our (St.Louis Water Garden
Society) website .... Nedra