Old 08-07-2003, 02:08 AM
shannie

Default compost activator

"michael cane" wrote in message
So, I have a bin on the go, three quarters full, and after following

threads
on this NG I am using the urine method of activation. My question is, how
much is required, and how often. I guessed that copious quantities would

be
most effective. Now, I am trying my best, but the neighbours are beginning
to wonder why I am continuously running down the garden, and it gets cold

in
the middle of the night when I have to get out of bed and tackle the
brambles in my pyjamas.

Ouch, sore on the tootsies!..Have you considered popping into your local
supermarket/grocery shop and asking for one of thos 10ltr buckets they get
mayonnaise in for making potato salad/coleslaw. They come with a lid,
shopkeepers are usually delighted to get rid and you could keep it in your
nice warm bathroom

Shannie

Can any experts enlighten me as to quantity and frequency?

TIA