Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Nedra

Default Shishu Koi

Welcome to rec.ponds, Lisa. Hope Kathy or whoever
it is who feeds babies will post the recipe for you.

Congrats again, Momma!

Nedra

"LisaCS1" wrote in message
At last month's meeting/auction, I purchased one Shishu Koi and two

Butterfly
Shishu Koi. I placed them in a quarantine tank and the very next day, one

of
them spawned.

Needless to say, within a few days, I had probably a couple hundred babies
swimming around. The babies are still in the quarantine tank with

floating
hyacinths & parrots feather.

- Any idea how many might develop into butterfly Koi?
- How long does it take to develop butterfly fins if that's what they are?
- Is algae enough for them to eat or should I also feed them something

else?
- What do I do with all these babies?

Thanks!

Lisa