Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 AM
John Savage

Default Mildew on peas?

(Gen) writes:
Mildew on peas?
I planted sweet peas and telephone peas on March 17th (of course). I
removed them yesterday as
both varieties ( including the pods that had developed) were covered

in a white dust. Would this be mould? At the base of the plants the
leaves were brown, dead and holey.
Any solutions to avoid repeat performance, please ?
(I am in the Northern Rivers area of NSW...subtropical)

As someone else said, when you hose don't wet the foliage. But with
all the coastal rain, it's probably natural rain that has caused the
fungal problem.

I have no solutions, but a suggestion. If you really want to grow
peas (or cucumbers, too) try spraying regularly using milk diluted with
water. It's a natural fungicide, and should not harm any plants, I
expect. Both crops suffer that white mould.
--
John Savage (news reply email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)