Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 AM
John Ponder

Default Update: Replanting question

Hey Jan,
I planted 5 acres of Long leaf containerized seedling and it took
3 people 2 days. They were at a density of 400 /acre and so that comes
out to be 333/man*day. These were just people I suckered into helping
me. I think our Mexican crews that planted 800/acre could do about
1500/ person per Day with hoedads. They are getting payed per tree.
When we did 333 per day I told my buddy my back was real sore and he
said he was glad I said it first cause his was too. We are 39 and 34
yrs old. My son didnt complain because he is 19 yrs old and we would
have started heaping BS stories on him of how hard we could work at
19, he was smart enough to stay quiet. We used 3 plug planters and
they worked great, did yall use homemade stuff. I thought you said
that but I might have read it wrong. It sure if fun after you get it
done. Now you can start watching them GROW!