Old 08-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Drew & Sue

Default where are all the ladybirds?

Remember 1976 ? , they were in plague numbers here in Cheshire , but so
were greenfly .
Andy

"Pickle" wrote in message
Last year I had ladybird larvae by the dozen dropping from my apple tree
onto the bench below, so I was able to put them on various plants to do
their aphid eating thing (very successfully too)
This year I have a largish blackfly infestation on my marigolds, irises,
sunflowers etc and so far this year I have only found 1 ladybird larva.

Why
aren't they around when you really need them? Was last year exceptionally
good for ladybirds or is this year a bad year?