Old 08-07-2003, 02:20 PM
GrampysGurl

Default Dahlias (Figaro)

Therefore, the temperature in the attic will be far colder in the winter and
far warmer in the summer than the ground. I would dig them and put them in
some slightly moist peat, wood shavings, or newspaper in a box and store
them in a cool place between 45 and 55 F. A cool basement or a closet on an
outside wall would be preferable to an unfinished attic.

Zone 5 Connecticut here and we insulate the snots out of our attics, it is
about 45-55 degrees during the winter... During a cold snap it may be a bit
cooler but it is never freezing up there... I store my dahlias in loosely
wrapped news paper in a paper bag in the attic and they do well. I might add we
also insulate between the living space and the attic.
Colleen
zone 5 Connecticut