Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Bob

Default Another Daylily Question

"spider" wrote in message ...
What would cause a daylily not to bloom?
I have plant in my yard that looks like a Daylily, the roots look right, the
leaves look like Daylily fans,the darn
thing gets mostly shade and never blooms but it comes up every spring. Any
one have an idea what it is?

I have daylilies in five different miniclimates. The patch beside the
house burst out with 10 blooms on July 5 and the next warmest patch
followed with more blooms than usual the next day; of the line of
lilies shaded by an east facing fence, only one has sent up a stalk,
though they have bloomed previous years. I am in Toronto where we had
a cold winter and a wet spring.