Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
KuntaKinte

Default Potatoes with Wilt?

I only just finished hilling it a week or two ago, no flower's yet
either. I noticed last night that when the plant is brushed -- quite
a few very tiny aphids(?) fly off. I've put aluminum strips on top
of the mulch (suggested organic solution -- assuming they are aphids
and the culprit) until I can get to the store for some pyrethrins

from what i've read about aphids -- their damage is the closest
description to what I'm seeing.
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:20:12 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
wrote:

Are you sure it isn't that it's just ready for digging up

KuntaKinte wrote:
: My Yukon Golds (store bought) grown in half whiskey barrel did
: wonderfully through the spring. In the last week though leaves at the
: bottom began curling up and now most of the plant's leaves are curled
:
: Some of the earlier curling leaves now show signs of dryness around
: the edges and tip. also some very faint red or light, very tiny
: spotting on the underside (which, in some cases, bleeds through to the
: upper side)
:
: Is this a bacterial/fungal wilt? too much water? -- the barrel drains
: well. i can't believe its drought. no evidence of mold anywhere.
:
: thanks, Bryan

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk