Old 07-07-2003, 08:04 PM
KuntaKinte

Default Potatoes with Wilt?

My Yukon Golds (store bought) grown in half whiskey barrel did
wonderfully through the spring. In the last week though leaves at the
bottom began curling up and now most of the plant's leaves are curled

Some of the earlier curling leaves now show signs of dryness around
the edges and tip. also some very faint red or light, very tiny
spotting on the underside (which, in some cases, bleeds through to the
upper side)

Is this a bacterial/fungal wilt? too much water? -- the barrel drains
well. i can't believe its drought. no evidence of mold anywhere.

thanks, Bryan
Old 08-07-2003, 01:56 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Are you sure it isn't that it's just ready for digging up

:

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
KuntaKinte

I only just finished hilling it a week or two ago, no flower's yet
either. I noticed last night that when the plant is brushed -- quite
a few very tiny aphids(?) fly off. I've put aluminum strips on top
of the mulch (suggested organic solution -- assuming they are aphids
and the culprit) until I can get to the store for some pyrethrins

from what i've read about aphids -- their damage is the closest
description to what I'm seeing.

Old 09-07-2003, 09:05 AM
The Devil's Advocate

I don't know then I'm afraid. Perhaps somebody else can help

KuntaKinte wrote:
: I only just finished hilling it a week or two ago, no flower's yet
: either. I noticed last night that when the plant is brushed -- quite
: a few very tiny aphids(?) fly off. I've put aluminum strips on top
: of the mulch (suggested organic solution -- assuming they are aphids
: and the culprit) until I can get to the store for some pyrethrins
:
: from what i've read about aphids -- their damage is the closest
: description to what I'm seeing.
: On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:20:12 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
: wrote:
:
:: Are you sure it isn't that it's just ready for digging up
::
:: KuntaKinte wrote:
::: My Yukon Golds (store bought) grown in half whiskey barrel did
::: wonderfully through the spring. In the last week though leaves at
::: the bottom began curling up and now most of the plant's leaves are
::: curled
:::