Old 08-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Some One

Default Zone 3 or colder plants? Looking for fragrant/bright, long lasting flowers for Calgary, Alberta.

Thanks all!

That's what I was looking for!

"Some One" wrote in message
a...
Subject pretty much says it all...

We're located in Calgary, Alberta and are trying to plan our
landscaping. I believe that we are Zone 3.

We prefer tall perennials with bright flowers that have a long bloom
time, with a strong scent.

Can someone suggest a website or book that lists what kind of plants
we can grow successfully in Calgaries very dry, Zone 3 conditions?

The
biggest problem is the inconsistancy of the weather... Wearing

shorts
at Christmas, yet it did snow at least once every month last year.

Thanks!