Old 08-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Joanne

Default calling Gary Woods Garlic emergency!

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:50:01 -0400, Setzler
wrote:
Gary,
I tried some scapes the other night, stir fried with a bunch of other vegetables
and they were inedible! How do I do it right? How much of the stem? any? do you
peel the scapes? Did I get them too late? is there a window?

Thanks, I was so sure I was cooking something gourmet and wonderful and was
disappointed. The flavor was delicious, but they were tough as nails.

susan

Not Gary, but you know I tried adding my scapes to stir-fry's on other
folks recomendation and I too found them tough. They had a nice taste
but I hated the texture.

jc
---