Old 08-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Starlord

Default Dahlias (Figaro)

I have named Dahlias growing (tring to at lest) and while they might do ok in
the 75 to 85 range of heat, above that and they suffer, I know as they have a
hard time here in the High Mojave Desert where it's been 100+ for over a week
now.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

"GrampysGurl" wrote in message
I didn't think
they'd like 95º+ temps but it has not phased them in the least.

Zone 7, Albuquerque

They like it very hot, as long as they get their watering needs met they bloom
like crazy in the heat. They are one of my very favorites. My neighbor comes
over to see mine and always tells me how they remind her of her Mom ) It
makes me happy *my garden can stir that feeling in someone since my garden is
designed from a childhood memory of mine... one that obviously makes me happy
or I wouldn't be doing it.

---