Old 08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Me too! Complete newbie (please be kind)

Sean Lowe wrote:

"Craig Cowing" wrote in message

snip

Weeping willow, or any kind of willow, can be rooted in chunks up to 5-6".

Just
cut a section of branch, put it in water, and let it sit. It will start

sprouting
branches and roots in a week or so. Start it now, however, so there will

be enough
time for it to develop before winter.

snip

Could I pull this off with Yoshino Cherry? I just bought one for the yard
and would like to snag a limb to either give this a shot, or just to put a
couple more in the yard.

TY,
Sean...

Not likely. Willows are very fast growing. You would be best off doing an air
layer of the cherry.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37