Old 08-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Me too! Complete newbie (please be kind)

Could I pull this off with Yoshino Cherry? I just bought one for the yard
and would like to snag a limb to either give this a shot, or just to put a
couple more in the yard.

TY,
Sean...

I don't know about cherry; air-layering might be better. On the
other hand, I have rooted cuttings of quince with no problem by just
plunking a branch in a glass of water.

willow.... quince..... what other bonsai are easy to root?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 08-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Marty Haber

Did you know....? that willow whips, when crushed and added to a container
of water, act as a root stimulant? The sap is better than B6.
Marty

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 08-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Craig Cowing

Marty Haber wrote:

Did you know....? that willow whips, when crushed and added to a container

of water, act as a root stimulant? The sap is better than B6.
Marty

That's why I used water that I rooted a bunch of willow cuttings in as a root
stimulant for an air layer I did this morning. I have never tried it, but I have
understood it works well.

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a Sunset 37