Old 08-07-2003, 06:00 PM
John DeBoo

Default Dahlias (Figaro)

GrampysGurl wrote:
I didn't think
they'd like 95º+ temps but it has not phased them in the least.

Zone 7, Albuquerque

They like it very hot, as long as they get their watering needs met they bloom
like crazy in the heat. They are one of my very favorites. My neighbor comes
over to see mine and always tells me how they remind her of her Mom ) It
makes me happy *my garden can stir that feeling in someone since my garden is
designed from a childhood memory of mine... one that obviously makes me happy
or I wouldn't be doing it.

Ours remind me of my mom also while growing up in Seattle. Of
course her dahlias were 4'-6' tall but none the less... My wife is
in love with them so I'm sure they will be regulars in our garden
from now on.