Old 08-07-2003, 06:00 PM
John DeBoo

Default Dahlias (Figaro)

We've been between 96º and 100º all last week and expected same for
the remainder of this week in Albuquerque. Maybe getting some of
the 'Figaros' would work in your area. All I did to prep the soil
in their 2ea 2sqft area (8 plants total, way too many) was add some
bagged steer manure and mix it with peat moss & the sandy soil, then
water daily.

Starlord wrote:
I have named Dahlias growing (tring to at lest) and while they might do ok in
the 75 to 85 range of heat, above that and they suffer, I know as they have a
hard time here in the High Mojave Desert where it's been 100+ for over a week
now.