Old 08-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Scott Harper

Default Update - Silverado Sage + Red Barn

The folks at Red Barn say they have never heard of a Silverado Sage
growing beyond its 4x4 size. They said that when I bought these plants
(3-4 years ago) that Silverado was a brand new cultivar, and may not
have been very pure. Also, the same distributor that brings them
Silverado handles other full sized varieties, so mislabeling is a
definite possibility.

They've offered to "swap" me out for new plants. I told them I didn't
still have my original receipt, but I did still have the (1 gal)
containers. So they offered to give me 4 new 1 gallon plants. I told
them I was a little disappointed to have to start over with such a small
plant, and they said they'd credit the price of the 1 gal plants against
3 gal plants if I would rather do that.

The only big issue is that I have to bring them the old plants to swap
with. These things are way too big for me to dig out and transplant in
such a way that they'd survive. But they said it doesn't matter, just
yank them out (and let them die) -- they just need something to use for
proof of exchange... Seems like an awful waste...

scott