Old 09-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Ruth Shear

Default Pickling Peppers?

G'day

John wrote:

Feel free to describe any method you use to keep peppers (fresh, dried,
pickled or otherwise) throughout the year.

Our Bell peppers all are eaten as fast as they are grown. Our jalapenos,
serranos, habaneros and Thai peppers are not. Maybe coz we grow a lot.
8-)

I freeze them whole in small zip lock bags. When I'm cooking I just
slice them frozen - makes it easier to chop finely actually. They keep
for a long time - we seem to eat our own home grown chilies year around
- either fresh from the garden, or out of the freezer.

I'm not sure that frozen peppers would do as well in a recipe that
called for chunks or when you would eat it raw - but if you are cooking
into a sauce frozen works great.

DrRuth