Old 09-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Joanne

Default calling Gary Woods Garlic emergency!

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:50:54 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Joanne wrote:

Not Gary, but you know I tried adding my scapes to stir-fry's on other
folks recomendation and I too found them tough.

Sounds like the scapes were much too old, as others have said. I always
cut off the papery tip above the "bud" because there's not much substance
there.

I usually picked them within 1 week of appearing, was that too late?
Saw nothing "papery" above the bud, just the casing or "tail" of what
would eventually have become the flower (did that make sence?).

Thanks.

jcm

Toronto, Canada
Canadian zone 6, U.S. zone is apparently 4b

Thanks to global warming it's bloody hot here!