Old 09-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default Is this assumption of acid soil a bad one?

I have noticed in past years of mulching my young pine trees and spruce and

my raspberries that they seem to do better with a apple mulch of fallen and

rotting apples raked up around apple trees than if I did not give them the
apple mulch. I believe the acidity of rotting apples helps condition the
soil
and the plants grow better. One thing certain in that none of the plants
given
an apple mulching suffered, instead they all did better.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies