Old 09-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Paul England

Default Is it too late to plant potatoes?

"Colin Malsingh" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 22:42:07 +0100, "Paul England" firstplatz
@virgin.net wrote:

If you have no seed, I note there is a seed catalogue which advertises an

8
week harvest "new potatoes on Xmas day".

Ok - but *WHICH* see catalogue!!

Can you mention names, phone numbers (if poss). If it's Marshalls
though, I might not bother (I know they do them, but don't want to use
them again because of previous poor service).

Thanks,
Colin

A couple of weeks ago, we were holding a 'post mortem' after potato blight
swept thru the allotments and a neighbour confirmed that it was not too late
to plant.
He will be back from his hols this w/end and I will repost the name of the
catalogue, where the '8 week harvest' is mentioned. In the meantime, perhaps
you could google up some possible suppliers. HTH.

Paul