Old 09-07-2003, 09:06 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Potatoes with Wilt?

I don't know then I'm afraid. Perhaps somebody else can help

KuntaKinte wrote:
: I only just finished hilling it a week or two ago, no flower's yet
: either. I noticed last night that when the plant is brushed -- quite
: a few very tiny aphids(?) fly off. I've put aluminum strips on top
: of the mulch (suggested organic solution -- assuming they are aphids
: and the culprit) until I can get to the store for some pyrethrins
:
: from what i've read about aphids -- their damage is the closest
: description to what I'm seeing.
: On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:20:12 +0000 (UTC), "The Devil's Advocate"
: wrote:
:
:: Are you sure it isn't that it's just ready for digging up
::
:: KuntaKinte wrote:
::: My Yukon Golds (store bought) grown in half whiskey barrel did
::: wonderfully through the spring. In the last week though leaves at
::: the bottom began curling up and now most of the plant's leaves are
::: curled
:::
::: Some of the earlier curling leaves now show signs of dryness around
::: the edges and tip. also some very faint red or light, very tiny
::: spotting on the underside (which, in some cases, bleeds through to
::: the upper side)
:::
::: Is this a bacterial/fungal wilt? too much water? -- the barrel
::: drains well. i can't believe its drought. no evidence of mold
::: anywhere.
:::
::: thanks, Bryan
::