Old 09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
ajames54

Default Potash IS THIS OK?

"Heather" wrote in message
.. .
Purchased the following at Botanix in Southern Ontario

Fertilizer 0 - 0 - 22

Soluble Potash 22.0%
Soluble Magnesium 11.0%
Soluble Sulphur 22.0%

Is this mixture OK? How much should I use?

Thanks,
Heather

On 9 Jul 2003 08:22:57 -0500, "Lee Brouillet"
wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the right stuff or not! The stuff most of us have been
able to find is a 0-0-60 blend. The potash is OK; the Magnesium is OK, but I
don't know about that sulphur. I'm not at home to check out the box I have,
but I'd check with the "pros" before I'd add anything that said it had
sulphur in it.

Lee

This is sulphate of potash rather than muriate of potash... the
dosage can be increased from the ROT 1 tablespoon /1000 gallons /
2-3weeks but that is probably unnecessary.

The sulfur is also an important micronutrient, it helps to
promote photosyntheses. Many people add epsom salts to their
ponds to get magnesium and sulphur.