Old 09-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Heather

Default Potash IS THIS OK?

Purchased the following at Botanix in Southern Ontario

Fertilizer 0 - 0 - 22

Soluble Potash 22.0%
Soluble Magnesium 11.0%
Soluble Sulphur 22.0%

Is this mixture OK? How much should I use?

Thanks,
Heather

"Hal" wrote in message
I have searched high and low and can not find Potash anywhere. Someone
help...

BV.

Potash in 5 lb bags was available at Lowe's and Home Depot here a few
years ago, but both stores seemed to have stopped carrying the 5 lb
bags. If there is a real farm supply store near you, I'd try there.
Feed and Seed stores are a good bet. Best of luck!

Truth about potash is it only works as food for plants when there is
phosphates and nitrates for the plants to use already available in the
water. If your plants have used all three up, they could use a
little fertilizer.
I can hear the screams already.

Regards,

Hal

Old 09-07-2003, 02:42 AM
John Rutz

Heather wrote:
Purchased the following at Botanix in Southern Ontario

Fertilizer 0 - 0 - 22

Soluble Potash 22.0%
Soluble Magnesium 11.0%
Soluble Sulphur 22.0%

Is this mixture OK? How much should I use?

Thanks,
Heather

thats ths stuff 1 tbsp per 1000 gal

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 09-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

I'm not sure if it's the right stuff or not! The stuff most of us have been
able to find is a 0-0-60 blend. The potash is OK; the Magnesium is OK, but I
don't know about that sulphur. I'm not at home to check out the box I have,
but I'd check with the "pros" before I'd add anything that said it had
sulphur in it.

Lee

Old 09-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Pot/Mag/Sul is what I add and my koi are fine. With land plants, I add
sulphur to lower the pH for my acid loving plants.
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die
from a great loneliness of the spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts
soon happens to man." - Chief Seattle

Old 09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
ajames54

"Heather" wrote in message
.. .
Purchased the following at Botanix in Southern Ontario

Fertilizer 0 - 0 - 22

Soluble Potash 22.0%
Soluble Magnesium 11.0%
Soluble Sulphur 22.0%

Is this mixture OK? How much should I use?

Thanks,
Heather

On 9 Jul 2003 08:22:57 -0500, "Lee Brouillet"
wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the right stuff or not! The stuff most of us have been
able to find is a 0-0-60 blend. The potash is OK; the Magnesium is OK, but I
don't know about that sulphur. I'm not at home to check out the box I have,
but I'd check with the "pros" before I'd add anything that said it had
sulphur in it.

Lee

This is sulphate of potash rather than muriate of potash... the
dosage can be increased from the ROT 1 tablespoon /1000 gallons /
2-3weeks but that is probably unnecessary.

The sulfur is also an important micronutrient, it helps to
promote photosyntheses. Many people add epsom salts to their
ponds to get magnesium and sulphur.

Old 10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Heather

John / Wendy

Thanks. I measured a couple of tablespoons this morning, put in a
papertowel, and dropped into a corner of the lava filter. Output end.
Hopefully it will dissolve slowly that way. My pH was 7.5 to 8.0 so if pH
gets lowered a bit, that won't hurt.

Heather

Potash Hal Ponds 5 08-07-2003 04:32 AM
AlgaeFix and Muriate of Potash Justin Ponds 5 04-07-2003 06:43 AM
Muriate of Potash Joan Pomatto Ponds 29 06-06-2003 05:20 AM
THE OLD "POTASH" QUESTION MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 27-05-2003 03:08 PM
Muriate of Potash Brian Dugas Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:20 AM