Old 09-07-2003, 04:44 PM
zxcvbob

Default National Pickling Cucumber

Noydb wrote:
I have a tiny garden ... but a LOT of these cucumbers coming on the vine.

I am looking for a recipe that closely copies the Vlassic Dill Relish
product. This is the form most likely to get eaten in our household (goes
on hot dogs & in tuna salads) so I want to make up as much of it as I can
stand this year.

It's that time of year, folks. Last year's search for this recipe came up
empty handed. So I am trying again this year.

Also ... how do they get the cukes chopped so small? Is there a home /
restaurant grade machine that will do this?

Bill

I think a "Universal Food Chopper #2" (an ancient hand crank device
similar to a meat grinder) would do it. I was just looking at one at
Fleet Farm last week, and thinking about buying one if my cukes don't
drown or rot from all the rain.

You could also thickly slice the cukes by hand, then pack the slices in
the chute of a food processor and cut them with the small or medium
julienne (sp?) disk.

Best regards,
Bob

--
"Stealing a Rhinoceros should not be attempted lightly" --Kehlog Albran