Old 09-07-2003, 07:32 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Sweet Peas

I do that but I'm in a lot different place to you regarding cold weather. Sweet peas do not like to be molly coddled but I suspect your weather would be a touch to cold, even for sweet peas, out in the open

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk
wrote in message ...
: Hi
:
: I like growing sweet peas but because I am not the most organised lad
: I tend to be a bit late getting them going from seed...
:
: so I was wondering how practical it would be to start them late in the
: year, for the following season.
:
: I seem to remember that this is possible but two points are against
: it.
:
: (i) I live on the east coast of Scotland, winters can be cool,
:
: (ii) I don't have any glass house facility.
:
: I would be grateful for your thoughts.
:
: Many thanks
:
: Yours