Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Chester Deja

Default 1, 10, 100, 1000, etc.

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in message ...
My minnows seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. I now have hundreds
of fry in my pond. Small ones, big ones, miniature ones, microscopic ones. I
hope my koi get hungry soon.

3 months ago I added 9 dozen crapy minnows to my new pond and now I
have tens of thousands of minnows too.

My neighbor gave me a small rescued painted turtle we put in the pond
and he is eating hapily at the minnows. The minows are also keeping
the bug larvae down too.

The odd thing is that the minnows swim where ever the water is. I
have a waterfall about a foot in height that goes into a 4' creek then
down into my pond and they swim up the creek and congrigate below the
falls. If it rains hard and water 'flows' into the pond they swim
into the flow and beach themselves when the flow stops. It makes for
turtle food when I throw them back in.

I think we should start a bait shop.

Rick