Old 07-07-2003, 02:12 PM
BenignVanilla

Default 1, 10, 100, 1000, etc.

My minnows seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. I now have hundreds
of fry in my pond. Small ones, big ones, miniature ones, microscopic ones. I
hope my koi get hungry soon.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 07-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
My minnows seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. I now have hundreds
of fry in my pond. Small ones, big ones, miniature ones, microscopic ones. I
hope my koi get hungry soon.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond
Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

If your koi don't, the frogs will enjoy the treat ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 08-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Lee Brouillet

I don't know if koi make a distinction between koi fry and "other" fry, but
if they don't, better hope the frogs are hungry: koi don't eat fry after
they get past the "big eye" stage. If they move like fish, they're safe.
I've seen mine spit out fry that got in the way of food!

Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 08-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Bern Muller

"jammer" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:05:42 GMT, Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
My minnows seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. I now have

hundreds
of fry in my pond. Small ones, big ones, miniature ones, microscopic

ones. I
hope my koi get hungry soon.

Yes, mine are showing color, that shows you how long i have let it
slide. I am having trouble moving them from a pond to a small
aquarium. What a fate. I can't find any takers and i hate to kill
them.

I have traded my fry to the local pet store as feeder fish in exchange for
fish food. You might call around and see if any of your local stores are
interested.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:46 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

BenignVanilla wrote:
My minnows seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. I now have hundreds
of fry in my pond. Small ones, big ones, miniature ones, microscopic ones. I
hope my koi get hungry soon.

Yes, mine are showing color, that shows you how long i have let it
slide. I am having trouble moving them from a pond to a small
aquarium. What a fate. I can't find any takers and i hate to kill
them. Jammer

Last couple of years I have bred fantail goldfish in my lily pond. First
year with orandas I offered them free, only one person showed up. Next year
I had moors and since I didn't have too many I didn't make the offer. So
this year the winter survivors and some of the ones I had inside I've been
selling for $5 a piece. One lady took 3 orandas and 1 moor and I got a
pound of medicated food (yes it was fresh, I was there when they purchased
it just 2 weeks before) that sells for over $10/lb. Seems offering them for
sell or swapping was the way for me to go. ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Chester Deja

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in message ...
My minnows seem to be reproducing at an alarming rate. I now have hundreds
of fry in my pond. Small ones, big ones, miniature ones, microscopic ones. I
hope my koi get hungry soon.

3 months ago I added 9 dozen crapy minnows to my new pond and now I
have tens of thousands of minnows too.

My neighbor gave me a small rescued painted turtle we put in the pond
and he is eating hapily at the minnows. The minows are also keeping
the bug larvae down too.

The odd thing is that the minnows swim where ever the water is. I
have a waterfall about a foot in height that goes into a 4' creek then
down into my pond and they swim up the creek and congrigate below the
falls. If it rains hard and water 'flows' into the pond they swim
into the flow and beach themselves when the flow stops. It makes for
turtle food when I throw them back in.

I think we should start a bait shop.

Rick
Old 10-07-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Chester Deja" wrote in message
om...
snip
I think we should start a bait shop.

snip

I'm in. Where can I ship the stock?

BV.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:34 PM
jammer

"Chester Deja" wrote in message
. com...
snip
I think we should start a bait shop.

You start a bait/ fish adoption shop, we'll ship you our unwanted
babies and you will send us small dividend check. Shareholder's Bait
and Fish Shop!
Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"jammer" wrote in message

"Chester Deja" wrote in message
. com...
snip
I think we should start a bait shop.

You start a bait/ fish adoption shop, we'll ship you our unwanted
babies and you will send us small dividend check. Shareholder's Bait
and Fish Shop!

Oh, no, no, no...I'll stock the clay water...yer holding the fish.

BV.