Old 10-07-2003, 12:30 AM
bjt

Default Enlarging my pond, please advise

I'm glad (and a bit surprised) to hear that some folks have had success
joining two liners together. I tried to join a small pond and a big pond
and it was a two year disaster. In retrospect I guess I never did it
'right'.

If you do it make very very very sure that both liners are 100% clean...and
then clean them again!

Brian Tarbox

"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
Good luck, Ice. Sounds like you're well on your way to a new and

improved
pond! Will you be seaming the two liners together while the old one

is
still in the pond, or will you be completely removing it? I tried to do
mine without taking it out, and had to deal with folds and creases, but
other than being more difficult that way, I still think it worked OK. Get
yourself a 2" x 4" board or something straight and rigid and place that
under the area you're seaming so you can press down hard and get a good,
tight seam. They never mentioned on the directions anything about the
ideal temperature for performing this task, but I found the day I used it
(completely sunny and in the 90's) was actually too hot to be working
successfully with it, especially on BLACK liners. As I mentioned, the
sticky part of the seaming tape is like tar, and it became TOO gooey and
sticky to work with easily in that kind of heat. I actually found myself
rubbing ice cubes on the paper portion to get it to "let go" of the black
tar. Good luck - I'm sure you'll do fine.
Sue
"IceEros" wrote in message
s.com...
I have found that "seam tape" Sue, thank you for your advice. It has
been recommended by others too so i'm gonna go for it....
To buy that tape is gonna cost me no more £25 while to buy a whole new
liner for the size I need is gonna cost me £276!!!!!
Already I have to give away the old (OLD!!!!! are not even 4 months)
pump,filter and UV almost for nothing, at least I can keep the liner. I
know is a chance I take trying to glue the old and new liner together
but is worth taking it.
276-25 = £251. I add another £140 and I can buy a new pump, UV, vortex
and filter for the new pond.
Once again thanks for the advice Sue....i'm gonna "stick" with the
tape...
--
IceEros