Old 10-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Ray

Default Off Topic

They are often called "night blooming cereus," but are quite unrelated to
cereus!

I bought mine while in college, as the owner said it only blooms every seven
years, he didn't want it, and it looked too cool to pass up.

It bloomed several blossoms a night for about 3-4 nights in a row, about
once a month during the summer for me (until I lost it in "the big freeze.")

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Wendy,

Not being familiar with that plant, I'm curious.......

Is the blooming a rare occurence, or does it happen a few times a year?

Diana