Old 08-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Wendy

Default Off Topic

Hi all, I would like to share my excitement.
My Epiphyllum oxypetalum bloomed last night. (Night Blooming Cereus)
If you look in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
under "Epiphyllum what a sight", you will see an extravaganza.
Unfortunately the flowers only last one night.
Cheers Wendy

Old 09-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

I'm very jealous I noticed mine was making a bud last week then I went
out of town from Thurs thru Monday and when I returned, I could see almost
no trace so I either missed it or it blasted.

Old 09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
bb

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 06:32:04 -0700, "Wendy" wrote:

My Epiphyllum oxypetalum bloomed last night. (Night Blooming Cereus)

Wow, pretty cool bloom.

If you look in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I like finding that site even more. There are certainly some
interesting plant photos. I might actually have something to share
with that group. It looks like it's gonna take a few years to have
anything worth sharing around here :-(

bb

Old 09-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:46:48 GMT, bb
wrote:
Wow, pretty cool bloom.

If you look in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I like finding that site even more. There are certainly some
interesting plant photos. I might actually have something to share
with that group. It looks like it's gonna take a few years to have
anything worth sharing around here :-(

bb

They will come pretty fast if they are growing well for you.
Mean time we enjoy all the growing company we can get.
So don't forget us, while you go enjoy the gardens.

SuE
Old 09-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Wendy

Hi "bb" Just remember not to post an image here on RGO ! You will get all
your
questions answered here. Cheers Wendy

Old 09-07-2003, 09:57 PM
bb

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:45:21 -0700, "Wendy" wrote:

Hi "bb" Just remember not to post an image here on RGO !

Yikes, and face the rath of Mick? Oye!

bb
Old 09-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Diana Kulaga

Wendy,

Not being familiar with that plant, I'm curious.......

Is the blooming a rare occurence, or does it happen a few times a year?

Diana

Old 10-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Ray

They are often called "night blooming cereus," but are quite unrelated to
cereus!

I bought mine while in college, as the owner said it only blooms every seven
years, he didn't want it, and it looked too cool to pass up.

It bloomed several blossoms a night for about 3-4 nights in a row, about
once a month during the summer for me (until I lost it in "the big freeze.")

rthlink.net...

Old 10-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Wendy

It blooms at least once a year Diana, then if it's early there may be
another show. There were a couple left
that bloomed last night. My original plant really needs help but in it's hay
day the record was 79 one night.
Cheers Wendy