Old 10-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Colin Malsingh

Default Black Fly

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:04:45 GMT, snebbiedee
wrote:

I have found that I have got black fly on one of my Fushcias, can
someone please tell me how to get rid of them, safely and quickly,

I too have blackfly on some Okra in my greenhouse. It's only on 2 of
the 8 plants I have but is making one of them very sick.

The leaves are starting to go yellowy/brown and I've noticed that a
section of the main stem has gone a dry brown colour (feels like it is
rotting away).

So far, I have tried using Pyrethium spray, used a spraygun to try &
dislodge the bugs and also sprayed with something on sale in the UK
called "Biosept" which is supposed to act as a foliar vitamin feed to
help improve plant's resistance to fungal infections (which is what I
believe aphids eventually cause).

Any other ideas, or do you think I just had one or two weak plants
that were going to be susceptible?

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)