Old 10-07-2003, 03:44 AM
JNJ

Default Vine that will grow under a black walnut....

Virginia Creeper will live under the black walnut no problemo..........not
to mention morning glory, Lab Lab, Akebia, (that one is perennial) and the
dreaded Honeysuckle. There is a nice one, called black leaf Halls
honeysuckle that is offered at nurseries if you look for it. Our wild and
invasive honeysuckle slugs it out with the Virginia creeper that resides
under one of the many black walnut trees here in Eastern Tennessee.
Hope this helps

Hmmmmmm...I hadn't really considered Morning Glory. That's not a bad idea
for this area.

Thanks!

James