Old 10-07-2003, 05:44 AM
zxcvbob

Default Castor Bean Seeds

junkyardcat wrote:

I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago and commented on a lady's flower
gardens. She gave me a bunch of different seeds and cuttings One thing she
gave me was several pods of Castor Bean seeds (the spikey ball looking
things). She said just soak them in water a few days and then plant them. My
question is...some of the spikey balls have disintegrated in the water,
leaving just a cluster of 3 beans. Can I just plant that cluster without the
spikey thing around it? Sorry to sound so dumb, but I've never even seen
Castor Bean plants until the other day.

Thanks!
Angie

She probably meant for you to take the beans out of the pods and soak them.
Separate the clusters of beans and plant them individually.

You are aware of how posionous those beans are, and how big the plants get
don't you?

Good luck, and best regards,
Bob