Old 10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Clark McKenzie

Default Pond Help

Hi
I live in the UK & have a small freshwater pond in my garden and recently as
temperatures have risen greatly, a large amount of a certain plant has
developed.
The plant very small (about 5mm in diameter) and has 3 very small light
green leaves. the roots are about 6 centimeters long and the plants roots
seem to be embeddeded in the oxygenating pond weed.
Everyday there is more and more of this plant and I believe it is taking up
a lot of the ponds oxygen. there are only three tench in the pond and there
is also quite a lot of pond weed (is this good?)

any help as to what I should do to stop this new plant would be much
appreciated - or is this plant ok to leave? is the pond becoming stagnant?

thanks!