Old 10-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Shiva

Default Radio Times!

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:22:00 +1000, "Kirra"
wrote:

Does buying Radio Times in a pot two weeks ago count as growing it?

Sure!

It is
hopefully going to be planted in the ground this weekend and only has around
3 inches of growth.

Mine was a nice 1 gallon own root from Muncy's in FL last fall, made
it through the winter fine in the ground, then got mowed. :0( So you
and I are at about the same place with this rose.

I'm looking forward to getting lots of blooms from our new roses but since
it is the middle of winter here, I think I will be waiting at least until
spring for most of them.

This always gets me. I always forget there is another hemisphere! Or
at least that there are opposite season running concurrently. How
interesting that you can get potted roses in the winter! What is
winter like where you are? As in how cold does it get and how long
does it last? When will it be safe to put your RT in the ground? We
can compare notes on grafted/own root, US southeast, Australia/?

Though yesterday I did notice a bud each on
Crepuscule and Gruss an Aachen.

I have imagined that I want both of these, in my more fragile moods.
:0) Generally I leave pale colors alone. Crepuscle's name gets
me--"twilight" or something similar. Very nice.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Zone 10