Old 10-07-2003, 06:25 PM
David Hickman

Default Blanket Weed

After 15 years with no problems, our small pond has suddenly become
heavily
infested with blanket weed. We pull out armfulls but it grows back in a
few days. I've seen remedies advertised but I would first like to hear
from someone who has tried them. We have lots of wildlife and I don't

want
to harm anything. Apart from the blanket weed the water is clear and
healthy.

- Arthur

Arthur
I have used two products which claim to get rid of blanket weed
both of which seem to work very well. we have an 800 gallon pond with
a 8 yard stream and both can get very clogged with blanket weed.
you have to get as much out as you can by hand before you treat the pond
or it will all die and rot in the water.
we have lots of wildlife and plants, and none seem to be harmed by the
treatment.

I am work now and can't remember the name of the products. I will be in
contact again
when I find out

Dave H