Old 10-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Unique Too

Default The rose gods

Cass writes:

Naw, don't do it. Don't be passive. Nuke it. Crown gall and any kind of
canker are bad. You're wasting good growing time for a new plant....I
think you'd better go shopping for a replacement....right now. I

And I suppose you have in mind just the rose I should replace it with?
I really don't think I'll replant in thei location. This one looks pretty, but
isn't worth the work keeping it inbounds. Having a rose climb a palm tree
sounds good, in reality, it's a LOT of work. I've spent days tying this one
up, trimming it back, trying to keep it in shape. And I come out looking like
a lost a fight with my cat. I guess it's my lazy side showing here.

keep thinking my cankered plants are going to outgrow it, but they
don't. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle, which really ticks me
off, btw, and doesn't do much for my sunny disposition. Plants that
grow backwards....that's just a poor reflection on my horticultural
skills and I take it personally.

But this one still looks good, if you don't look at the canes to closely. And
only rosarians would do that. Neighbors think it's beautiful. If this stuff
won't spread, I'll wait until it starts reflecting my gardening ability. When
they look bad, they're much easier to remove. It's awfully hard to dig up a
plant that looks this good.
And I don't have a sunny disposition so no harm done there.

Wasn't it Cass who recently said she had POed the rose gods. I don't think
she's the only one!

Rats! I'm not even going to say that I haven't seen.......I just figure
that sooner or later everyone will see everything on their roses.
Builds character. Hey, look at the bright side. We haven't had the
lightning strike yet.

We are all gaining lots of character this year. I still don't have deer or JBs
(yet). And I DID knock on wood.

Julie