Old 11-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Allegra

Default Allegra re your anti-deer concoction

"elfa" wrote in message

Hi elfa,

you did right. It is pale yellow and does not smell
bad if you happen to like garlic, which we love.
Once someone said that I put garlic on everything
and my reply was that they hadn't tasted anything
until they tasted my garlic cake, with garlic ice cream
and chocolate covered garlic.

Did you know that the French call garlic the stinky
rose? Anyway, shake the sprayer once in a while when
you are spraying. It does settle, of course and if it rains
today or tomorrow apply it again. Otherwise you can
wait for 4 weeks before applying it again. You shouldn't
have any problems with raccoons or rabbits either. I
didn't know that but I gave the recipe to a fellow from
another forum, he used it in Texas and neither the raccoons
nor the rabbits have visited the roses. And I quote:

"Bambi has been thoroughly discouraged by the application of the
putrescent egg/Tabasco/garlic mixture. Don't take a whiff of that
unholy melange in the morning before you've had your coffee. Or
afterward, for that matter."

It appears that the combination of Tabasco and garlic
is not quite up there for those gourmet beasts! And by the
way, the recipe is nearly identical to DeerOff and Liquid
Fence.

The difference? about $39.00 ;)

Allegra