Old 11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default what container to use for lotus

Watch how large of a container you put in the pond, unless you can hire
someone to get it out of the pond. My first lotus' container was huge.
Dang near killed me when I needed to lift it out.

You can also get a very large ROUND container from your local cheap store
that's original design was to cool beer & soda. I got one at my local
Target store for $6.99, 24 gallon container. This container is buried near
the pond. Use the soil that you remove to dig the hole to fill into the
container.

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be
happy, practice compassion." Dalai Lama

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Hi Claude, I use the big round pots that are about 23 inches
wide and have no holes... and are about 6 or 7 inches deep.
Put about 5 or 6 or so aquatic fertilizer tabs on the bottom
then put in about 5 inches of dirt.You don't need lots
of dirt in the pot. Lay the tuber on the
dirt and hold it down with a flat rock. Just be sure your
careful with the growing tip. Fill with several inches of
warmish water.... set them in the sun until they look like
they are going to root. Set them in the pond about 4 inches
under the surface of the water.

Good Luck.

Nedra

"claude rogers" wrote in message
I got 2 lotus today, end of the season sale or something, for $10,

really
didn't need'em but just couldn't pass'em up, after seeing Nedra's lotus.
Question is what kind of containers do you put these in. I know it's
suppose to be big, but what exactly do you guys use.....Thanks Claude