Old 11-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Catasetum (Clowesia)

molli wrote:

John, when you go hunting for it at Normans, type in "Rebecca Northen" in
the search, if you type in only catasetum it won't show it. And I bit the

There is also a Catanoches (Clowenoches) Rebecca Northen. Clo. rosea x
Cyc. chlorochilon. Different genus, so they can do that. Shouldn't,
but can and did. So make sure you get the one you want...

Of course there is only one 'Pink Grapefruit' (a cute little thing), and
that is the Catasetum Grace Dunn x Clowesia rosea. Ctsm. Grace Dunn is
also a Clowesia x Catasetum ( Ctsm. warscewiczii x Clo. rosea).

Conveniently, I worked up a catasetum talk for 2001, and a cycnoches
talk for 2002, so I know more than I really should about these addictive
Catasetinae...

Rob (Maker of rules? I like that)

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit